Sunday, February 25, 2018

5 Things I Did This Week: February 19 to 25


1. Try a new St. Louis restaurant.
Usually when we go out for Sunday breakfast, Nana and Bob get to pick. But this time...I DID! I chose one of the few breakfast places on my St. Louis Restaurants List: Yolklore. Bob said that he and his friends had talked about it and they knew it was a trendy place for young, hip kids because the menu prices were all in single digits. I didn't even realize that was a stereotype! Anyway, the food was pretty good, but I'm not falling over myself to go back.

On our day apartment hunting, we also found ourselves in Maplewood driving by Reeds American Table. This one has been on my list for a while and I definitely wasn't disappointed! We sat at the bar and watched the bartenders whip up breakfast cocktails and make our cappuccinos. Aaron thought the menu was a bit too trendy, but I loved my Gouda/prosciutto/fried egg/croissant breakfast sandwich. I'll probably never get him to go back, but next time, I'm taking a gal pal and getting one of those delicious looking cocktails!

Bonus! Aaron introduced ME to a new restaurant. He tends to stick with what we know (Imo's, Wasabi...more Wasabi), but this time he was determined to take me to a "burger joint" off of Manchester called Carl's Drive-in. When we finally found the place, it was worth the wait! Greasy, skinny burgers with root beer floats on bright red bar seats with snarky waitresses. Exactly what you'd imagine of a "burger joint."

2. Put my pro/con skills to use. 
The main intent of this St. Louis trip was to find a new dwelling. Aaron's lease is up on March 31 and now that I'm making move, he needs some digs that are a bit more woman-friendly. So, we toured a couple of rental options, including two that my company owns: The Residences at Forest Park Hotel and The Lofts at Lafayette Square. Perhaps you remember them from my rebrand a couple weeks ago? Anyway, the two Fairway Management properties (that's one of the JES Holdings' companies) were leaps and bounds above the other places we toured and soon we had it narrowed down to one unit in each of the two buildings. Thus...a pro/cons list was inevitable.

3. Just lounge and be lazy.
Sometimes, I go a whole week without wearing anything interesting or challenging at all. So, for this week, I thought I might post a little insight into my favorite jammy situation, AKA: what I wear anytime I'm not at work on a week day...pretty much my at-home uniform: old (but very soft) recruitment shirts, thermal fitted pants (wide-bottom pants are the worst for sleeping in) and slippers.



4. Visit the Science Center.
In retrospect, Saturdays are not an ideal day to visit free museums...but it was a great way to kill time between apartment tours on a rainy day in February. Aaron had never been before and we enjoyed ourselves as we wandered through exhibits in geology, biology, paleontology, astrology and...architecture (wow, that one really threw off my groove).



5. Enjoy accidental fresh flowers.
These are leftover from last week when I was so disorganized and distracted that I failed to communicate with my co-baby-shower-planner and accidentally bought flowers, even though I had assigned that task to my co-baby-shower-planner. Sometimes I really piss myself off. Anyway, they made for a nice little brightening to my weekdays...especially since my TV is not longer bright...in that it's broken. UGH. I don't want to talk about it.


#picturegameweak #weakweek

No comments:

Post a Comment