So, the central goal of this party was to feed people. Being that there was a large group...and it needed to be Mexican food of some sort, I opted to make "carnitas" and give people the option to do nachos or tacos. My friend Blair (co-worker, marathon runner, expert dinner-maker) had made this delectable spicy shredded pork for me before, so I knew that's what I had to do. Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out as good. Her's was soooo flavorful and mine was like, eh. So, my recommendation for this recipe is to go crazy on the rub - you can't have too much.
Then I set up all kinds of toppings: cilantro, sour cream, queso fresco, jalapenos, limes and salas, as well as some queso dip going on in the mini crockpot. People said nice things about it, but like I said...I was disappointed with the pork.
Uncle Steve's Marg Mix
- 1 can - frozen lime concentrate
- 3/4 can - tequila
- 1/4 can - triple sec
- 1 Tbsp - powdered sugar
- Lots of ice
- Empty one can of frozen lime concentrate into a blender.
- Fill the same can from the concentrate 3/4 with tequila and add to blender.
- Fill the same can from the concentrate 1/4 with tripel sec and add to blender.
- Add 1 Tbsp powdered sugar and blend.
- **This can be made prior to and refrigerated until needed for marg making.
Directions for Margs:
- Fill the blender or Magic Bullet container 1/4 way with marg mix.
- Fill the rest of the container with ice.
- Blend and enjoy.
To better incorporate my wall gallery into the shenanigans, I doodled and printed little word bubbles of Cinco de Mayo puns...
Oh! And the invites! I doodles those too, so that's kind of fun...