Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Goal Tracker

In my 2014 New Year's Resolutions post, I said I wanted to "evaluate my attempts to better myself" as part of holding myself accountable to my goals. Knowing me, I thought it might be ideal to have a way to physically check-off my daily and monthly goals. Thus, the 2014 Goal Tracker was born...


The book is designed to use a full 8.5x11" page, cut in half and bound along the edge. 



Each month opens with a list to remind me of each goal I set for the year. 


On the back of the month page, is a list of the monthly goals with a checkbox. These include: meeting someone new at our new hire reception, keeping the office organized, doing a style blog post, volunteering and working on my website.


Then, are the weekly pages. Each day lists the goals for the day, including: eating breakfast, getting to work on time, listening to the news, drinking five glasses of water and (on Monday, Wednesday, Friday) working out. Next to each item is a checkbox, or boxes, that I can physically check-off after completing the goal.


At the bottom is a place for me to write in my #5things (because it's actually very difficult to remember them) and a more general area for things I'm trying to avoid: cursing and not double-checking my work. I still get checks for these...but they're red...so it isn't good.

My first day was a success. And I learned that I actually LOVE listening to the NPR 24-Hour Program Stream at work. I get kind of restless with just listening to music all day. But with a little chat and some jams in the morning, it's perfect!


3 comments: