Sunday, March 4, 2018

5 Things I Did This Week: February 26 to March 3



1. Take a spin at the "healthy" thing.
I decided that for the month of March (with the exception of St. Patrick's Day and a work event) I am going to be healthy. I've never really done it before--even when I was training for the marathon, I still ate whatever I wanted--but I'm curious to see what kind of affect it might have on how I feel. The rules of my made up health plan are these:

  • No alcohol
    With the afore mentioned exceptions, I'm sorry but a girl's gotta have a life!
  • No refined sugars
  • No bad carbs
  • No excessively fatty foods
    For me, this is really targeted at the 1/2 cup of half-n-half I use in my coffee each morning...
  • Limited red meat
    More focus on fish and chicken, but I would never cut red meat right out--I'M A ROWETON FOR GOD'S SAKE.
  • Daily exercise
    To varying degrees of difficultly, but daily all the same.
As I was looking around for meal plan ideas, I found this Mediterranean Diet that's along the lines of what I'm going for. Except that diet allows for 1 glass of red wine a day, which I'm still trying to avoid. I guess all in all, this is a pretty standard list of healthier living habits, but the idea is to go all in for March. So, we'll see how it goes!


2. Draw the 3911 Cannon Court embroidery.
Mom recently did the coolest embroidery of the Roweton Ranch. So, since I'm looking to leave Cannon Court soon, we thought it would be fitting to do one of my house as well! Here's what we've gotten so far...



3. Try out an ascot.
What better way to try out a quirky little ascot than with a leather skirt and monochrome outfit, that's what I always say. Now that I've done the ascot for the first time...I think I like it! There might be more in my future...that's for sure!



4. Watch the Oscars.
The only way to watch the Academy Awards is with the wonderful, knowledgeable Sue Roweton. In addition to adorable decor, Oscar bingo and ballets, she also know almost everything about every Academy Award winner, nominee and random person in the background of a shot. It's entertaining to say the least! If you want to check out my review of the Oscar Best Picture nominees, click here.



5. Visit Dad at the Sale Barn.
This was a random idea my mom had, which usually turn out to be really great. And this one was no exception! It was interesting and smelly and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment