Sunday, February 18, 2018

5 Things I Did This Week: February 11 to 17


1. End a comfy day with comfort food.
After a long day of cookoff'ing (and a missed Valentine's day), Aaron and I decided to do a comforting home-cooked meal for dinner. We spent the day watching movies (literally, three movies) and finished our last one while enjoying our favorite chicken-fried pork chop recipe with snow peas and smashed potatoes. Not to mention a side of brownies...of course.


2. Build a Jumanji chili booth.
The annual Rootin' Tootin' Chili Cookoff was this weekend, which means many, many hours of my week went into building/painting/bossing people around on our booth. This year's theme was Jumanji (the 1995 version, of course) and we had an abstract layout of the jungle breaking out into a simple suburban home...completed with a Jumanji board floor. We placed 2nd in Best Booth, but I still feel particularly proud of design. It took a lot of work and GOD I hope it's the last one I have to do.


3. Pull off a beard.
Well, I certainly never thought I'd have that on a to-do done list. But, it's true. I have a firm belief that if you're going to dress-up, you have to go all out. So, when the chips fell and an Alan Parrish was still needed for chili booth...I took up the torch and found the perfect color beard on Amazon. With a little colored-hair spray and a helluva lot of a teasing, my hair complimented the beard well...the rest, was an easy craft job.


4. Throw a baby (goat) shower.
Long story short, Blair was obsessed with baby goats when she was a little girl. So, when the time came to throw her a little office baby shower, it only seemed right that the event be focused around a common theme of our mocking here: baby goats. The idea was good in theory, but there are NOT a lot of options for baby goat decor...besides the invite, we had tiny, colored goat figurines and baby goat cupcakes, but I think we pulled it off.


5. Raise money for a good cause.
All this booth work and fundraising is for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Columbia. The Chili Cookoff raised over $110,000 this year and JES Holdings is proud to be among the top contributors!


No comments:

Post a Comment