Monday, August 5, 2013

New Apartment Preview

Last weekend was out big move. The transport from East Campus to Katy Place Apartment took around eight trips, but thanks to the help of mom, dad and Sam, it went off pretty smoothly. I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am. Mom came up Friday night and had to help nurse me back from a little sickness. However, sick Kaitlin is nowhere near as testing as shopping with me. I am particular...about colors and shapes and sizes and texture and patterns. All of it. But mom patiently follows me through Lowes as I debate exactly which shade of white to paint my dresser. There are A LOT of shades of white.

So, most of Saturday was spent working on the afore mentioned dresser. As we’re pulling out of the Casablanca driveway on our way to make another drop-off at the apartment, we see an abandoned dresser literally right next door. We snagged the find and plotted our paint job. This is the result:


It’s still lacking the drawer handles, since I need a little help from my handy man (Aaron) to fit the holes. I need to paint that second to last drawer a little darker, but then I think the ombre drawers will look good.

And, of course, the other wonderful thing about my mom is that amid all the hustle and bustle of moving, she knows how to slow down and take good pictures...for a great blog post. Which she did here. I swear, if we lived in the same place, it would be a cool big city and we would be the greatest mother-daughter blogging team the 'net has ever seen.

Dad and Sam arrived with a trailer full of furniture on Sunday morning. Trailers, that’s how we move on the farm. Those boys, those wonderful boys made trip after trip up the stairs into our apartment: table and chairs; washer and dryer; couch, chair and ottoman; bed, desk and dresser. Not to mention hooking up the washer and dryer, installing my new light fixture above the table and reconstructing my desk (after deconstructing it to fit through the door). They were so awesome and I appreciated the manpower. Sidenote: Aaron was on vacation, so he would’ve helped if he could. Don’t worry though, I already have lots of chores for him to help me with.


Before I show off these pictures, I want to point out that we haven’t got anything on the walls yet and there are sill some pieces missing. Don’t worry though, I’ll keep you updated with crafty changes!

Our lovely kitchen table.

Pinterest Craft #1

This is one of about a thousand projects I've been saving for A. A. Ron...

Counter space...I'm going to paint that tray.

Pinterest Craft #2

Aren't those pillows glorious?! Mom made them all :) She's the best.

Frame display to be above the couch on a shelf.

Pinterest Craft #3 Chalkboard coffee and side tables.

Reverse side of the living room. The TV. That's Lindsey's pride and joy.

Our patio :)

The "wooded view"...

This is the craft closet. It's a little crowded.

Pinterest Craft #4

My bed.

Bedside table...haggled for $15.

My beautiful, wonderful desk from Aunt Steph.
I've already scrapbooked on it and it was incredible!

Bathroom...needs a LOT of help. A shower curtain for one.

Sad.

Ginger display.

The closet. Also a tight squeeze.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like for your bathroom you should invest in one of those shelving units that stands above the toliet. Kinda pricely, but i'm sure you could figure out a crafty solution to that. http://www.target.com/c/bathroom-furniture/-/N-5xtnq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I am so on it. I have to shelves (no-shows) that will be Aaron's first job to do. You (we) have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I can't wait to visit and see it for myself! I think the coffee table is my favorite pinterest craft. But those stools are also pretty fabulous. Also so glad to see the Linds/Kait embroidery has made it to the new home :)

    ReplyDelete