Friday, October 18, 2013

What to Wear to LouFest (One Month Later)

I'm convinced Abbie thinks I hate spending time with her. I mean, I only get to see her like twice a month now that she lives in Kansas City and we actually do pretty fun things...remember P+L? But then, I never blog about it. So of course, she thinks I must hate her. NOT TRUE.

A month ago, Ab and I went to LouFest. It was STL's miniature music festival, and let me tell you, it was legit. As soon as I saw the line-up, I knew we were going...check it:

The Killers
Wilco
The National
Alabama Shakes
Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros
Local Natives
Fitz and the Tantrums
Trampled by Turtles
WALK THE MOON
Ra Ra Riot
Icona Pop
Jukebox the Ghost
The Mowgli's

Pretty impressive for STL, am I right?

I've only been to one other music festival in my life, and it was really just to see Mumford & Sons...which was fabulous. Wakarusa is kind of a big deal, but I didn't really appreciate it and the music was a little too reggae for my taste. So, we only went for a day and I think I missed out!



This year, at LouFest, I had a blog post on my mind and the whole thing was very insightful. The most insightful bit were the variety of styles at the event. So...I decided to do a flow chart. It seemed like a great idea when I was sketching it up on the back of my program. But when it came to actually creating it...it was a PAIN. Thus the hold up on the blog post. But now I've finished it! And you can all know What to Wear to LouFest (One Month Later)!

You do know you can click the image to enlarge...right?

Abbie and I went for comfortable outfits along the lines of sundress + sandals and croptop + high-wasted cut-off jean shorts. But we were exposed to some pretty fun stereotypes and the people watching was almost as good as the music.


I don't hate spending time with Abbie, in fact I love it! And I miss it so much. We have a pretty great time together and I'm glad I finally got around to sharing it with you people!




1 comment:

  1. 1- Started cracking up at the first line... Maybe in another month I'll see the blog post about the free things to do in KC!
    2- I think you should include a downloadable version of your flow chart, even in the enlarged version its a bit hard to read.
    Lastly, I LOVE POSTS ABOUT ME! :)))

    ReplyDelete