Friday, August 30, 2013

5 Things Power + Light is Like


Last weekend, Lindsey, Elizabeth and I traveled to Kansas City where we met up with Kallie and Abbie's friend Elizabeth for Abbie's 23rd Birthday! It was my first adventure to the Power + Light District...where I had a lot thoughts.



1. Mall Food Courts
An enclosed space with a central area that is bustling and loud, where you can't find a seat. P+L was better, because there are no screaming children...food courts are better because they serve food.


2. A Third-World Country (Where They Only Have Pizza)
Seriously? P+L is open until 3 a.m. and the only place to get food after like 10 p.m. is this Pizza Bar. What are these bars dumb...? I can't think of a better way to take advantage of people than over-priced food to go with our over-priced drinks.


3. Disney World
Overpriced, crowded and flashy. But mostly overpriced. It's that whole got-you-trapped-in-here-and-I-can-charge-you-whatever-price-I-want. Supply and Demand, people...and in this case there is a very high demand.


4. Las Vegas
Much like the flashy I referenced in Disney World, Vegas seems like a pretty flashy place (I've never been). Everything glows and shines with the purpose of attracting persons prowling for a well-lit, good time. In the same sense, it all felt very cheesy. Like it was a movie set meant to look like a "modern party scene."



5. NOT Columbia
Columbia is a wonderful place. The bars are vintage...retro...classic. My parents sat in those same Harpo's booths that are now cracked and uncomfortable. The floors of Fieldhouse probably still have some beer soaked into them from the night women got the right to vote (joke). Either way, they are wonderful and historic...aaaaand drinks are cheap! All things that P+L are NOT. I will give P+L points for having so many bar options in walking (stumbling) distance.



We had a great time, and it was so great to get to see Abbie. Now that she's moved back to Kansas City...we spend a lot of time missing her. Friday night shenanigans were fun, but the lazy day Saturday spend on the lake were just as enjoyable. Her mom is the master of having snackies and dinner and drinks ready, so we were never without. Can't wait to visit again!

Now, I know no one really likes my blog posts with pictures from things, but I don't care. I'm posting our fun pictures anyway. Plus, I gave you a little list too...viewers love lists.






No comments:

Post a Comment