Thursday, September 5, 2013

Food Truck Friday Fail



Last, last Friday, Inside Columbia hosted the first ever Food Truck Friday. Sounds awesome, right? That's what I thought when I heard about it. I thought that it would so very big-city of Columbia and my attending it (and Instagramming the filtered photos) would pretty much make me cool. So, I invited along the boyfriend and we planned to skip the crowd and go a little later at one. Unfortunately, this meant that almost all of the trucks had sold out. Woe is meeeeee! It was unbearably hot and the few trucks with food had unbearable lines. Aaron was a pretty grumpy and after a 30 minute wait for my nutella waffle...I was too. Only guess what. I didn't get a nutella waffle. I got a corn dog with an insufficient amount of syrup. I may or may not have come to tears.

Hot, sad, hungry and late for work, I left in a huff.

A while later, Aaron texts me to say he's outside my office. I come out to his truck to find that he's made a trip to Waffle House...and to the grocery store...to prepare me...a nutella waffle...WITH BACON.



It has to be the sweetest thing that's ever happened because he was just as hot and upset as I was with our Food Truck Friday Fail. It was such a thoughtful thing for Aaron to do. It made me put down my phone, and be really grateful, not for the added photo to my Instagram collection and the cool points it would get me for attending, but for a great friend who is willing to put up with my unpleasant displeasure and take care of me. He's my favorite.

Ozark Mountain Biscuit

COMO Dough Woodfired Pizza

Jamaican Jerk Hut

Kona Ice COMO

Of course, Pepe's of Columbia was there...

Ranch House BBQ

Jersey Dogs

Playing With Fire Woodfired Pizza

Sunflower Waffle Company
Want more details on the trucks? Inside Columbia has it here.
And great news, it happens every Friday before a football game. Check out the Facebook group...

1 comment: