Wednesday, February 7, 2018

5 Things I Did This Week: January 29 to February 4



1. Try a local, Jackson Hole brew.
For the better part of this week, I was venturing around in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I am so excited to visit my dear friend Elizabeth and catch up with Abbie. A trip to a new city isn't complete unless you indulge in at least one local beer. In Jackson Hole, I managed to try an IPA from each of the three major, local breweries. I would give you a review of these brews, but as Aaron pointed out over the phone, "I don't think you've ever met a beer you didn't like."

Snake River Brewing   |   Roadhouse Brewing Co.  |  Melvin Brewing

2. Rebrand our St. Louis Amenity Sheets.
We have two, market rate* communities in St. Louis: The Lofts at Lafayette Square (in Lafayette Square) and The Residences at Forest Park Hotel (in the Central West End). Both are amazingly beautiful buildings and their's is among some of our more fun branding endeavors. We recently did a website rebrand for the two communities, so a print material rebrand was naturally next on the list. Do these "Amenity Sheets" make you want to move-in immediately, or what?

The Lofts at Lafayette Square
The Residences at Forest Park Hotel

3. Can you say, Snow Bunny?
Well, I didn't say it was the cutest snow bunny you'd ever seen...



4. Finish the Guestroom.
My pre-vacation project was to finish the guestroom. Since the walls are already painted, this meant that I would "fine-tune" some of the details of the room: paint the trim and window/door frames, paint the inside of the closet, replace the outlets, replace the air vent and paint the air ducts. Although this doesn't seem like a very big big undertaking...it freaking is. I promise you. Since I was going out of town Wednesday night, the magic had to happen in the three days I had time after work. But, it happen it did!



5. Tour the Grand Teton National Park.
On our first full day in Wyoming, we went Cross Country Skiing. Elizabeth used to give park tours via XC Ski Trips, so she taught us the skiing techniques and knew the best routes to go on. Our little trail traveled right alongside the Grand Teton mountain range and it was breathtaking. Most importantly, we learned that the Grand Tetons were named by a French explorer, translating to "Large Nipple." So, that was amazing.


For the full Jackson Hole tour, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment