Sunday, January 28, 2018

5 Things I Did This Week: January 22 to 28



1. Improve the daily juice.
In the last month's of Roweton's Home Center, I was lucky enough to procure a juicer. I've learned a lot in the two months of my juicer owners:
  • It takes a LOT of fruits and veggies to make a juice.
  • It's ok to mix fruits and veggies in the same juice.
  • Cleaning up juicer equipment is a reeeeeeal bitch.
Anyway, my go-to juice was: 1/2 grapefruit + apple + 1/2 cucumber + 8ish carrots + spinach. But when Aaron came in town, we got a little juice crazy and I think I've made some improvements! This week it was: orange (rind removed) + apple + 1/2 lemon + 8ish carrots + 1/2 cucumber + spinach...and it was delicious! And Aaron agreed, which is the real acheivement.

Hehe, I made it look like a cocktail. Even though it's just a juice...hehe.



2. Share the (cross stitching) love.
After I posted the cute little picture of my dino cross stitch at my desk, a co-worker of mine expressed interest in the project and I offered to teach her how to do it! So, I put together this little Cross Stitching Kit for her! Then, I taught her how to do it over lunch one day. It was super easy to share and the materials didn't even cost that much:

  • Hoop: $1.20
  • Thread: $2.50
  • (2) Needles: $1.50
  • Fabric: $0.50*
  • Pattern: FREE
  • TOTAL: $5.70

*I just cut the fabric out of a large bolt I had, so this is just an estimate?



3. Swap a necklace with a bow.
You might've caught my "sweater hack" on my InstaStory earlier this year. It's a clever little trick where you tie a ribbon bow and pin it to your sweater--a stylish little look I've seen around my mom bloggers lately. This week, I thought I might try it on a non-sweater top in place of a necklace. You know how sometimes you put on a top that needs a longer necklace, but also you can't stand to mix metals and the zipper on your skirt is that weird goldish silver color? Oh, is that just me? Anyway, that's a real life problem I have and a cute little bow makes for a great necklace when the problem presents itself.



4. Paint more things white.
You know I love white house things: trim, walls, doors, fixtures! And while I have transformed most of my very oak-house-things home to white at this point, there are still a couple more projects to makeover. This week, it was the trim in the guestroom and the inside of the front door (and some touch-ups to the stairwell). I have NOT been in a painting mood lately, so I reeeeally had to drag myself through this one. But, it's done now and I can move on to the next painting project...guestroom walls and "the tall wall" perhaps?



5. Write Color a letter.
Last weekend, in The Great Purge of 2018, I discovered a 3-ring binder of colored child's coloring book pages, arranged neatly in page protectors. PAGE PROTECTORS. I'm a psycho. Anyway,  instead of purging the binder (like I most definitely should have), I got the idea that I might write letters on the colored pages and mail them out into the world, well, my friends specifically. This week, I sent out a blue kitty (Abbie), a princess (Lindsey) and, what I am pretty sure is, Puffy the Magic Dragon (Richard). Fair warning, Abbie: I have a LOT of colorful kitties headed your way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment