Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blog Design Update

As you can see, I've freshened up my blog a bit. Friday was a slow day at work. Check out the new features!

BACKGROUND
I always loved that yelling face picture of me (vain much?). But one day, I opened my blog on a real monitor and discovered that the picture was cropped-off at the bottom and no amount of enlarging could make it look normal. So, I went for a simple approach of just gray. I love me some gray.

CATEGORIES
I love this new feature! At the top of the blog feed are tabs of categories which I blog about. They are as follows:
♥ = The whole feed of all the posts about things I love.
Life = The random collection of things that I want to ramble about.
Advice = Much like the life category, except bossier.
Crafts = You know how I love DIY...here's where it all is; tutorials and ideas for a little inspiration.
Style = Outfits, accessories, shoes, etc.
Travel = The places I go and all the Instagram'd pictures you could want to see of them.
Home = General home decor...there should be more in this category once I move into my new apartment!
Food = A few recipes, restaurants and drinks.
Lists = A collection of ideas organized by number. I like lists.
Entertainment = Movies, music, books, etc.

PROFILE PICTURE
Check out that high school picture...I mean, professional photograph. I had to jazz it up a bit with my little bio: Just a collection of DIYS, advice, lists and life. Some small things I do with great love and wanted to share.

SOCIAL MEDIA BUTTONS
Look how fancy I am! HTML'd me some social media buttons, which take you to my personal page when you click on them. Told you I was fancy.

LOGO/HEADER
Now here's the fun part: I fell in love with a new script font [Southern Aire] and need to know which of these new logos do you like best...if you love me, you'll leave a comment with your letter vote!

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H
Now, I already have a favorite, but I want to hear what you like first! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. D is definitely my favorite. A is my second choice. H is nice, but i think you should add the whole line "do small things with great love" very small all the way across the bottom of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for G. I love the new design. I would love to re-design my blog. hint. not so subtle, hint.

    ReplyDelete