Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dresser Dreaming

Shortly after moving into the new house, I bought this lovely dresser on Craigs List.


It's beautiful. I love it...but I've been dreaming about a little dresser accessorizing lately and wanted to make a plan.


Frames // BUY
Frames are the one thing you should never buy from a store. Every garage sale or thrift store I've ever been to has some old frames. So, I'm looking for two, mismatching frames. Not necessarily the ones shown here, but something similar. I think I would like the framed work to be kind of artsy - not photos for this space.

Vase // BUY
And easy Hobby Lobby purchase...have you seen their glassware selection? And if you time it right, it's 50% off a good part of the year.

Small Jars // DIY
I suffer from an obsessive need to collect jars. Every empty salsa, pasta, pickle, pizza sauce jar is washed, the label removed and it stored away on my shelves. The DIYing of this will be the lids. The lids are colorful with branding on them, as expected, so I'll need some kind of fun solution to make the pretty. The jars will be used for storage of earrings...probably.

Mirror // BUY
It must be a circular mirror. I'm not sure why, but I've just got my heart set on one. I've always been a little hesitant (terrified) to buy a mirror, since they seem so bizarrely expensive. But I want a nice one, so I'm building up my nerve to drop the dough. I would like to to be silver or gray and fairly large, about 24" in diameter.

Large Jar // OWN
This larger, candy jar was purchased from the glorious Hobby Lobby glassware selection. I use it to store all my bracelets and would love to have it up, off the top of the dresser (where it is now). 

Shelf // BUY
A floating shelf, of course. Is there any other kind? I'm a little concerned about the depth of the shelf, since the jar is pretty large. But I would like it to be short and white.

Hooks // DIY
Now. These may be tricky. I've been flirting with my options for necklace storage/display for a while now and have determined I want something light and simple. I came across these cool hooks from Anthropolgie, which were, of course, a million dollars. I think I could do something like this. Some silver, stylish knobs affixed to a circular wood pieces and then screwed into the wall...? I recently came across this version of the same idea with a really simple tutorial. Kinda makes me want to wander around Menards and come up with my own spin on the idea!

Dresser// OWN
Got it. Love it. But I'm thinking I might also give the drawers a little organizational make-over as well...what do we think of this?


I was inspired by this jewelry drawer from Very Fond Of on the left. I like her idea to use an egg carton (or ice tray) for earring organization. And the small cups/glasses for hair accessories. I'm a little unsure of whole process as far as building in the dividers...but again, I'll probably have to get some help from a certain handy man (boyfriend) I can contract for some side work.

No comments:

Post a Comment