Monday, March 5, 2012

A Weekend with Momma

This weekend was the Theta Mom's Weekend...and also the True/False Film Festival, so we did our own thing. In honor of the hipsters crawling around downtown, I made this necklace for the occasion.


Friday night, I met mom and Abbie at the Missouri Theatre for our first fictional film of the weekend, VHS. The home-video styled movie was horrifying. There were five mini-stories, each more terrifying, bloody and shaky than the last. However, we had been warned; when buying the tickets, I informed me that at the original premiere viewers were fainting and throwing up.

Saturday morning I woke up early to a Starbuck's caramel latte, courtesy of mom. We got dressed and ready and headed to Khol's for some interview/internship/job attire. Which Wich was our choice of lunch, which mom informed me was a real treat when you're from Bolivar. I had forgotten what it's like to only have Sonic and McDonald's. Lunch was followed by our second film, Me @ the Zoo. To summarize this move I will repost my tweet:

I now know everything you could ever know about Chris Crocker...and it's more than enough.

We followed that up with some more shopping at the mall and a delicious dinner at Jazz. By this point, we were exhausted. We returned to our house and while mom did her social media thing, I napped like a fool. At 9:30, we went to our final film, Comic-Con, Episode IV: A Fan's Hope. This was my favorite. Quirky and geeky, it was interesting to see into the lives of so many passionate people. If it weren't for the apparently mind-numbing lines, I would be interested to go to Comic-Con myself.


After the Q&A panel with the director Morgan Spurlock, mom, Abbie and I headed over to Piano Bar. In hopes of seeing James Franco (who was rumored to be in town for the festival). We didn't stay long, but mom was more than intrigued by the sociological study of intoxicated college students interacting.

We started late on Sunday. After a quick bite at Fuddrucker's, we picked up some of the necessities at Wal-Mart and filled up my car with gas. Mom left Columbia around 2PM and I was sad to see her go as always. We had a fabulous Mom's Weekend of our own and proved that we don't need any kind of organized events to have a great time in each other's company. Though, we did miss getting to socialize a bit with the other mommas. Regardless, I am left (as usual) awaiting her next visit.

Want to see what mom had to say about it. Check out her blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice weekend review, Kaitlin. Jack is dying to go to Comicon...come on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH. Is this the next family vacation? I mean, who wants to go on an all-inclusive trip when you could wait in smelly lines all day? Hahaha, but seriously. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete