Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gift Guide for Dads

Dads: these gifts would be good for any man in your life that is difficult to buy for (and likes beer)...


CRAFTED! Homemade Cookies
Remember when I said that boyfriends don't want your crafty presents...same go for dads. Sure, your handmade ornaments were cute when you were eight, but now you know what dad wants and dad wants cookies, dammit. Knowing my dad's love for lemon cookies, I may have to try out these Lemon Ricotta Cookies from my dear friend, Emilie Bell's blog, Scarborough FoodFair. They look delightful!

$20 OR LESS Beer Tasting Book
Just a little knick-knacky thing if you're dad's really into trying new brews. You can see the inside pages are pretty cool. You know what would go perfectly with this gift? At HyVee, you can buy a mix-and-match pack of beers...give dad some beers to try and record in his new booklet!

$20 - $30 Beer Making Kit
If he liked the book, he'll like the kit. Secret for ya, men are crafty. Only they call it "handy" and they love to try to building picnic tables and trying crazy seasonings on grilling meat; they like being alone and figuring things out...well, most of them. So this is perfect for figuring! And the end result is rewarding.

$30 - $50 Engraved Money Clip
It's a very certain type of guy that would like a money clip. My dad, probably not. But after some searching around on the world wide web, I think this one is just the coolest. I like that it has a place to hold your credit cards and ID, it's engraved and leather and sleak.

$50 - $100 North Face Vest
Vests are hard. What kind of man really gets good wear out of a vest...? I'm gonna make this decision for you, all of them. I think, if you get a dad a nice vest, he'll wear it and he'll like it. Especially now, they're everywhere and I think everyone needs one...even dads.

$100 OR MORE Nest Learning Thermostat
Alright. This thing is so stinkin' cool. It's a thermostat that learns. This is my life: at night, I want it to be cold so I can cuddle up in my blankets, but at 6:30 AM when I get up, I want it to be warm and toasty. Then, I leave for work at 7:45 AM and I don't care how cold it is, I'm not there...until I come home for lunch, when I need it to be warm again...you get it right? Yeah, this thermostat LEARNS when you need it to be different temperatures and adjusts accordingly. As the appointed electricity Nazi of the home, dads will love this.

Did you see my Gift Guide for Girlfriends? What about the one for Boyfriends? Moms? Stocking Stuffers?

No comments:

Post a Comment