Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Super Easy Emoji Costumes

So, Halloween is two days away. Being the costume lover that I am, I have about four solid costume ideas when this week started and am pretty certain I could've pulled them all off. However, I decided to channel all my costume creativity into a blog post of costume you could create with all things you probably already have around the house. What's more, these ideas can double as a group costume, because they're all emojis. Ok, let's get to it...

Perhaps you remember my office costume last year...pink-shirt, sassy emoji girl. She's a good pick because you can really tell her story, ya know. Materials: pink shirt, scissors


Or maybe give the ol' awkward running man a try? Materials: red shirt, jeans, strong right quad muscles


Take a twist on the standard ghost-from-bed-sheet and go emoji-ghost-from-bed-sheet. I would've liked to try it with a little slit in the mouth for an actual tongue...but this seemed safer. This one requires a little DIY, but I think you're up to it! Materials: white bed sheet (or even pillow case), scissors, sharpie marker (black and pink), white shirt


Let's give inanimate objects a fair trial here, too. What about this cute option as the present? Materials: goldish shirt, long red ribbon



Or, there's probably like a 70/30 chance your graduation cap was black...in which case. DONE. Materials: graduation cap


Finally, it's we can't forget the new guys. Who's happy to see this injured little guy added to our emoji faces line-up? Until now, we've been summarizing all ailments with that dumb surgical mask face. Now we can feel a more physical pain through emojis!! Materials: remainders of your white bed sheet or white t-shirt


Happy Halloween everyone! I hope your weekend is waaay better than the wounded emoji face I'm making in the picture above...

2 comments: