Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween from Jurassic Park & The Scooby Gang!

This works out nicely because all my costuming took place on the day before Halloween, so I can actually do a post of the outfits on the day of...

Our office costume of Jurassic Park was almost too obvious. We had obsessed over Jurassic World and while we hadn't really started planning the costume until a couple of weeks ago, I think it was in our hearts to be those characters all along. Unfortunately for us (fortunately for him), Mark was on vacation in Hawaii this week, so he missed out on the fun...unless you consider vacationing to a beautiful island and seeing the actual location where Jurassic Park was filmed "fun." Ha.







The Scooby Gang was also a last minute decision when Zak and Jordan's out-of-town plans were canceled and we kicked it into party mode. Being a redhead, I have a running list of all the costumes that really put my ginger locks to use. Daphne is always a classic, since I have actually already dressed as her when I was like...HELP, mom...thirteen? So, the idea pops into my head and I quickly realize that, JINKIES! (I know that's Velma's line) we have all the makings of a perfect Scooby Gang!

Scooby Gang = (Tall, Blond Male) + (Sexy Ginger) +
(Nerdy, Short-Haired Brunette) + (Scraggly, Unkempt Person)







Quick costume cost breakdown here, because we finalized all these purchases Friday after work at Goodwill and Walmart:

Daphne: shoes - owned, dress - borrowed, panty hose - $1.50, scarf - $0.50, headband - $1.50, scooby snacks - crafted
TOTAL - $3.50
Shaggy: shoes - owned, (corduroy) pants - $3.00, shirt - $3.00, Scooby - $1.00 + crafted
TOTAL - $7.00
Velma: shoes - owned, socks - $2.50, skirt - borrowed, turtleneck - $3.00, glasses - borrowed
TOTAL - $5.50
Fred: shoes - owned, jeans - owned, shirts - owned, ascot - $2.00
TOTAL - $2.00

By the way, I've got a little Katy vs. Kait: Who Wore it Best? in the works for the Daphne costume. So keep an eye out for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment