Thursday, January 18, 2018

"Easy Hair" Updos

I have been "growing my hair out" since Sophomore year of college, which might lead one to realize that it hasn't actually been growing much all! Any in-person acquaintance of mine can confirm: I complain about this frequently.

Now, my ideal hairdo is the straightener-style curls like this... #selfieoverload



But I've heard that heat is a big no-no in the way of hair growing, so when I have a low-key week at work, I like to (hair)do "easy hair." The steps to "easy hair" are as follows...

1. Take a shower. The key is to take a shower in the evening, shortly after getting home from work. If you have thick hair like mine, that's how long it takes to dry, so that when you go to sleep on it, it won't be wet.
2. Let it frizz. While drying, you may notice some sever frizzing...especially if you have coarse hair, like mine. Don't you worry a wink, that's what the sleeping is for.
3. Sleep. Do not wear your hair pulled back or a head band, go all natural on this. Try to lay your hair as flat as possible on the pillow beneath your head.
4. Cross your fingers. How your hair actually looks in the morning is a total gamble. Sometimes I wake up with the most awesomely, casual waves...aaaaand other times I have kinks all over the place, which is why you've got to have a couple updos in your pocket for emergencies.
5. Updo! I have three, basic-as-hell updos for my "easy hair," consisting of low-pony, high-pony, top-knot and half top-knot. Check them out below!



No comments:

Post a Comment