Friday, December 6, 2013

5 Things to Try This Weekend: Dec 6 - 8




1. Try the Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha. Claimed by some to be "way better than the PSL," the Peppermint Mocha is on my list of trendy-Starbuck's-tricks-to-take-my-money...but if it's trendy...I must try it at least once.

2. Find a fun way to wrapping my Christmas gifts. I'm going to do the brown paper wrapping with red and white detailing I think. I need to get a'hold of some washi tape. Other beautiful wrapping ideas...

Gold Dots + Cream  //  Black + White Stripes  //  Red + White Washi  //  Handwritten + Leaves  //  Red + Green Details  //  Newspaper + Leaves
3. Rock the Christmas sweater. I got the cutest Christmas sweater at Forever 21 on Black Friday and I am soooooo excited to get in the holiday spirit! Good thing Friday is Jeans + Christmas Sweater Day at work.

4. Put up Christmas decorations. It's that time of year! One of the last 5 Things I did was to undecorate from fall, so now it's time to deck the halls.

5. Volunteer. After spending so much money this last month, I thought it might be nice to do something valuable for people who need it more than my friends or I do. Aaron and I are planning to hit up the Food Bank on Saturday morning...finger's crossed it's not bagging hot dogs.


*   *   *



1. Try the Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha. I will say that the Peppermint Mocha was delicious, but I honestly like the PSL a little better. The mocha is too sweet for me. BUT definitely a trendy, must-try for the holidays!

2. Find a fun way to wrapping my Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my red and white striped washi tape, but I did get a roll of ribbon at Walmart for a dollar that worked just as well!

3. Rock the Christmas sweater. Done! I can't wait to wear it again.

4. Put up Christmas decorations. I'll be honest, I had already put up most of the decorations before I left for Thanksgiving, but I did some final touches this weekend and am so pleased with our halls of white and red (my official Christmas colors).

5. Volunteer. Now...I another bit of honestly...we did not volunteer. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, via blog, that I didn't do the one thing on my list that wasn't totally selfish. If I wanted to justify it (like I did with the picture), we did celebrate United Way Week at work last week. And while I failed to volunteer my time this weekend, I volunteered plenty of my money the week before. However, it was an unsuccessful attempt and will remain on my to do list!

I've already made my list for next weekend and it's packed with some fabulous Christmasy things to do! I can't wait to share them and hope you're ready to try them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment