Friday, December 13, 2013

5 Things to Try This Weekend: Dec 13 - 15



1. Build a gingerbread house. My supervisor at work has been giving us 12 Days of Christmas gifts; including a mini tree, lights, ornaments, a star, an advent calendar, a candle, thank you cards, chocolates, etc. One of the days, was a gingerbread house! I haven't done a gingerbread house in so long, that I thought it was time to put it on the list.

2. Craft a new Christmas wreath. My current wreath is the gool ole re-usable, burlap one I made for fall, but I'd like to make a fun one. I'm thinking I'll do this little gem...
3. Wear red lipstick. I've never been one for lipstick, let alone RED. But... 'tis the season!

4. Make a Christmas card. I figured that since I'm a grown-up and I love designing shit and I sit at a computer all day and I have access to a printer, that I might as well put together a little Christmas card to update those who haven't been following my blog. Losers.

5. Celebrate someone! I have a friend who's graduating today and we're going out in honor of his 4.5 years...and more to come. But, there are other simple ways to celebrate friends or family or strangers, if you're thinking you want to try my things this week too.


 
*     *     *

Sorry, for the day's delay on the update. I was feeling miserable on Monday morning and had to use the afternoon to recover. (Also, I forgot to take a picture of the wreath...)


1. Build a gingerbread house. Well. This was a disaster. When I opened the box, the gingerbread walls were mostly all broken...so, I attempted to "frost" them together. When that didn't work, I resorted to just hot gluing the pieces...which was even more of a nightmare. In the end, I gave-up and just snacked on my broken dreams and gummy candy pieces...

2. Craft a new Christmas wreath. It was QUITE the job painting all these dang clothes pins, but it was so worth it! I cute a wreath shape out of a pizza box to the be the backing and then just hot glued the little suckers around the cardboard cut out. I love it! And I can't wait to recieve more cards.

3. Wear red lipstick. Aaron and I celebrated a little thing called our One Year Dating Anniversary, so I got out the red lipstick and made myself pretty. I actually really liked it!

4. Make a Christmas card. I actually like to do more of a Year in Review, so I'm still waiting on some photos from this December before I can send out my cards, but I went with an Instagram theme (of course) and I love how they turned out. Want me to send you one? Text me your address!

5. Celebrate someone! Our initial attempts to go out for Zak's graduation celebration were snowed-out. So instead, we invited our friends over on Sunday night for balloons, champagne, homemade pulled pork and, as always, games.

No comments:

Post a Comment