Monday, January 4, 2016

Party Plan Like a Pro // Pick a Theme and GO WILD


For my 25th birthday, I decided to take a page from my mother's book and GO BIG. Since I'm younger and way more self-centered, I planned my party to be strictly Kait-themed. First move was easy: GINGER. This set the pace for the totally random menu...


Gingerbread Kaits
with orange gel to decorate them yourself

Philly, California and Cucumber Rolls
with plenty of ginger on the side

Kait's Favorite Funfetti Cake Bars
(not ginger, but stupid delicious)

Ginger Veggie Shots
including orange peppers, carrots and cucumbers (for good measure)
and delicious cheesy bacon ranch dip

Logboat Shiphead Ginger Wheat

Gin(ger) Buckets
one for each of the four teams



TRIVIA
After that began the games. Twelve guests were divided into four teams by color. We opened with Kait Trivia, a simple PowerPoint I created and set-up on the TV. Quick tips for creating a low-budget trivia presentation:

1. Separate questions into three to four categories with ten questions each. 
2. Consider your audience and how they will respond the difficulty of the questions.
3. Ask each question on it's own slide and then repeat the question when you show the answer.
4. Look for loop holes in questions. If they are there, your competitive friends WILL FIND THEM.
5. Do not forget index cards and pens for each team. Boy, that would be embarrassing.



PICTIONARY
Trivia was a hit! I think? Even if it was all about me. Then, we played a little variation of pictionary...that I could never think of a name for. Anyway, here's out it worked: I created like 20 cards with a (mostly) identifiable photo from my Instagram, the name of the event that was occurring and a point value. Then teams had to draw only what was in the Instagram (not what they thought would help team members guest the correct event). I think it was fun...fun for ME at least!

BEER PONG + BATTLESHOTS
Finally, we teams out into smaller teams of two, for beer pong, and one, for battleshots. Beer pong cups all had pretty selfies of my face and the battleshots was played with redheaded slut jello shots. FUN. This went down in tournament style, so there was plenty of fun down time for photo booth pictures.

PHOTOBOOTH
You cannot go wrong with a photo booth. Party trick: throw in a wild card prop, such as over-sized whitey tighties.









No comments:

Post a Comment