Thursday, December 4, 2014

Fall To Do DONE

With the end of November, fall is officially over. I have already started on the Winter to Do list, but first, a review of the Fall Done list...


Tailgate Mizzou football. Awesome, as always. Thank you to our official tailgate host, Michelle Griswold for the wonderful food and company.

Layers of slouchy sweaters. Fall is just the beginning...there will be many more days of sweater weather.

Get lost in the Shryock cornmaze. This was a no-go. We'll get 'em next year!

Crockpot chili cook-off. I'm moving this one to winter.

Hartsburg pumpkin festival. Didn't make it to Hartsburg this year, but Aaron's family took us to Happy Hollow's Pumpkin Patch on a toasty fall day. It was a perfect day for patchin' and for pink.

Attempt to bake a pie. Mom shared with me her skills in baking apple, pumpkin and french silk. I've made two french silk pies since my initiation and Aaron is obsessed.

Carve pumpkins. As you can see from my front porch, I went for painting pumpkins this year. But I did manage to carve one little pumpkin for my Halloween party. It was kind of gross, but still pretty fun.

Throw a Halloween Party. It was quite the shindig, I suppose.

Try a seasonal brew at Oktoberfest. While we never attended an Oktoberfest, I did manage to try some delicious pumpkin beers this season. I believe I'm trying the Samuel Adams Oktoberfest at 44 Stone in the picture here. We took a little break from work one day for a birthday lunch and just couldn't resist the flavors of fall.

DIY costume. I love this one so much. It's always a trick to talk Aaron into a couples costume idea, but we've been in love with Parks and Rec for a good while now, so Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson were a shoe-in.

Take an MKT bike ride. Next year I'm changing this to the Bear Creek trail--a Columbia northside attraction--but this year, we didn't make time for a fall bike ride.

Booties: with a dress, with socks, with jeans. Mmm, I've loved the booties this fall and these babies have a long winter ahead of 'em too!

Afternoon at a winery. I'm swapping this one out for a much better activity. Trever got us the hook-ups for a little wine tasting put on by Inside Columbia. Lindsey, Rachel and I went and it was so much fun! What a great thing to have in Columbia.

Of course, a fall wreath. I am sure you saw the DIY post...I am so in love with my wreath still. I'm going to put a holiday twist on the same wreath for my winter to do.

Decorate the doorstep. I LOVE HAVING A DOORSTEP TO DECORATE. I painted my pumpkins this year and planted some mums along with my DIY welcome mat. I was really pleased with the final product.

Scary movie marathon. Another no-go...

Cinnamon/cider/pumpkin candles. So, I love Menards (another northside treasure) and our fall candle of the year has been Menard's one and only, *NAME HERE*

Make apple cider or apple pie moonshine. It's a delightful drink for a Halloween Party.

Volunteer at the Heart of Missouri  Food Bank. Another fail, but I have hopes for redemption on the Winter to Do list!

Pumpkin spiced latte, lots of them. Well, I certainly got plenty of pumpkin spiced lattes. I talked our office manager into ordering the pumpkin spice packets for the commercial coffeemaker in the office. It have had so many pumpkin spiced lattes that I am just about sick of 'em.

Bonfire in the backyard. This one is just shameful and disappointing. While the firepit IS finished, we still haven't initiated the space with an actual bonfire. We will soon though!

Sweaters with button-ups and bling. I really hate fall/winter workwear, but this is the one combination that redeems the season...I can not get enough of mixing this little trio with striped sweaters and chambray and costume jewelry.

Leaf-peeping on campus. We don't make it back on campus very often any more, but those Tiger football games brought us around the old stomping ground at just the right time to see some of the beautiful buildings trees I miss so much.

Pumpkin waffles with cinnamon syrup. Another one to move on to next year's list!

Find a new soup. Well, I found out about potato soup and just grabbed a random Pinterest recipe for what I made...but then, my mom introduced me to her potato soup and it changed my life. It was technically loaded baked potato soup, so when she told me the recipe starts with bacon grease...I was in love.

Wrap up in a scarf. I know I initially posted a whole list of plaid scarves I loved, but then I found this little tutorial and created my own favorite plaid scarf of the season.

Collect colorful instagrams. I did plenty of that this fall, but none so lovely as the ones in Arkansas while visiting my dearest Abbie in October.

Plant mums, on mums, on mums. Mums...you get the picture.

Friendsgiving...with friends. This was a small affair this year (all my friends had very busy falls), but it was probably good practice for next year. Now I know I can actually cook all those things...with a little help in the kitchen from Jordan, of course.

Fall centerpiece for Friendsgiving. Since the event was so last minute, I was under the gun on the centerpiece. I reused my pumpkin accessories and an antique candle set I bough once upon a time along with some classic pine cones (stolen from work). I love how it turned out!

Bake pumpkin seeds. Since I didn't officially carve a pumpkin this year, there weren't any seeds to bake...but I'll get 'em next year.

Hometown antiquing. Nope. Nada.

Rocky Horror at the Blue Note. I missed this one too.

What's this pumpkin butter about? Whose dumb idea was this one anyway?

Treat the trick-or-treaters. While I did get to treat some trick-or-treaters, this was extremely disappointing. I bought ton of candy...and only had three costumed guests. Pitty.

Rock the army vest. You KNOW I did.

Stick around this week for the Winter To Do list! I've already got it ready to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment