Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Small Things Noticed...

TV SHOW
Free on Netflix, people. Make your life better...



Episode 1. Adopt powerful poses in order to feel powerful. Fake it to become it.
Episode 2. Boost your resilience to add 10 years to your life. Four types of resilience : physical, mental, emotional, social.
Episode 3. Train your brain for happiness by recording three things you're grateful for each day, journaling about a positive experience, exercising, meditating and completing one random act of kindness.
Episode 4. By creating a "Memory Palace" and remembering things spatially you can be like, a really good rememberer.
Episode 5. To be leader, you must follow and show others how to follow.
Episode 6. Learn the RIGHT way to tie your shoe.
Episode 7. Four techniques to make good financial decisions: cut, concretization, categorization and condition for complexity. Be choosy about choosing.
Episode 8. Taking a few minutes to think of nothing, really nothing can create clarity in your life.


ARTICLE
What Would 'Comic Sans', 'Courier New' and Other Fonts Be If They Were Food?

I LOVE THIS IDEA. I'm not sure I agree with what food they've chosen to represent the various fonts, but it's an awesome idea and it makes you think. I might have to do a blog post with my own ideas of foods and fonts.


WEBSITE
Steep and Cheap


Soooo, here's what happens. An awesome, cheap deal pops up for a limited time and you can buy it in whatever colors or sizes they offer. Then, the time runs out and another deal pops up. It's mostly all outdoor/athlete gear. I'm just gonna confess, that I've already bought a winter coat and two presents. I CANNOT HELP MYSELF. The deals are so good.

Also...there's an App.


PHOTOS
...from the 1970s. I know they're everywhere on the web, but I just LOVE them. I wasn't even there and I feel nostalgic! I feel like it was such a...what's the word I'm looking for...groooovy time. Like photos from a dream about movie based on a song. Ya dig?

Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL

Brooklyn, NY

Portland, OR

Larrabee State Park, WA

Taos, NM

Mineral Peak, NV

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, CA

TX

El Paso, TX

Dallas, TX

Staten Island, NY

THESE SHOES
Laplata - Brian Atwood
I mean, DAYUM. I'm not one for crazy, fun shoes (since I chose the black option of these). But I'm in love with these. If I only had $400 to drop on feet accessories...




No comments:

Post a Comment