Friday, August 23, 2013

New Apt Party



So, we had a little shindig last weekend. I decided this was my first, official attempt at a real, Pinterest-worthy party...which meant we provided food and drinks. Oh yeah. We're #grownup. So, here's the table:


Top left: I made cake balls...NOT successful. I burnt the white melts and ended up having to just ice them like regular cake. Still tasty, not as pretty.
Top right: $1 tin buckets with chalkboard label from Target. Those should be handy for tailgating!
Bottom: The lovely table.


So, I went a little dip crazy. The spinach artichoke dip was incredibly easy! Just threw it all in a crockpot and started working on another thing. Bacon Cheddar Ranch dip...well, I cheated and just cooked bacon that I crumbled into ranch. But, the Pico de Gallo was the easiest. I had every intention of making it...until Lindsey brought the Sam-sized pre-made dip out and I caved.


Tell me you love that cooler (left). Garage sale, $8...I win. And the drink cart (right) was only $15 at a thrift store. Just needed a fresh coat of spray paint, and to be stocked with booze. Found the ice bucket (which was gold before) for a $1 at a garage sale the day before the party.


We made sangria, which was good. We thought making it the night before would help the fruity taste soak in, but it was too fruity. Lesson learned. On the other hand, check out that ADORABLE mason jar pitcher...bought it at Sam's. That bottom part comes off and can be flipped over as an ice bucket!


My favorite idea: Build-You-Own Kabobs! I just cut the veggies and wrapped the beef in bacon (DUH). Then I used washi tape (first role I've ever bought) to make the labels. **TIP, Apparently...wood burns. Trever suggested soaking the kabob sticks in water over-night. Who knew? Veggies used: red and green pepper, onion, zucchini.

And now for guest shots...

The hostesses.
First guests to arrive, and fellow Katy Place residents.
The Girl and The Grill Master.
Kelly, Lindsey, Emily.
Ugh. Gross guys...Noel and Eliza.

Of course, there was a Mario Kart tournament. Which Zak promptly dominated. And then we played a little Balderdash. It was a fun time and we thank everyone who came! Interested in visiting? Here's the change of address cards we had (and no one took)...




No comments:

Post a Comment