Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garage Saling Inventory

Last week at work, I decided I wanted to go garage saling. It seemed like it had been so long since I'd had a weekend at home and now that I did, I wanted to spend it searching for some good deals on new things for my apartment. So, on like Tuesday I searched the world wide web for garage sales in Columbia this weekend. I marked each optimistic sounding place on a Google Map with the address, days and times, any big, desirable items and an astrick for the houses that looked particularly nice on the Google Map earth view (assuming these would have nicer things). I then created an itinerary, allowing for travel time between each place...


However, we were a little late and finally started at 8:30 am on Saturday. Aaron was a great co-pilot since I tend to get distracted when assisting the driver with directions and also, suggest incorrect turns pretty frequently. Our first stop was a church fundraiser were I got these cool vintage plates, and luckily, COFFEE.

50 cents each, plus a $1 donation.

After that we just hopped around to our scheduled locations, making spontaneous stops as instructed by bright GARAGE SALE signs that were off our path.

$1 for the wooden kitchen utensils, $1.50 for the pan.

$1 for the white purse.

$3 for the large Pyrex, $2 for the small one.

$2 for the wooden tray, magic bullet cups were FREE.

$8 for the Coke crate.

Also, not pictured, is the Balderdash game for 50 cents. We left that at Aaron's, where most Game Nights happen. All in all, it was a successful day. There was a glorious wicker rocking chair for $2 at the church, but my little Corolla just wasn't having it! I guess it's for the best, because I don't know if our apartment is going to hold any more furniture.

The whole kit and caboodle! All for $20...


No comments:

Post a Comment