Monday, June 16, 2014

5 Things to Do This Week: June 16 - 22


1. Make dinner for ME. I am usually making dinner for Becca, or Aaron when he is around, and they are pretty darn picky eaters. So, while Aaron is in California and Becca is at dinner with a friend, I'm going to make myself a little pasta...with tomatoes...and spinach (both of which they hate). I mean, look at this meal from Budget Bytes. They are SO picky to not want to try this!

Creamy Tomato & Spinach Pasta

2. Organize my craftroom. For the last five years of my life, I've been crafting out of small closest crammed with boxes of supplies. It is not an easy way to live a crafty life. But now that I have a house, I have an entire space devoted to me and my favorite hobby. During the move-in process, the boxes were just moved from the closet in my apartment to the closet in the craft room. So, now it's time to spread out my supplies into an easily-accessible arrangement.

3. Bring out the blazers. Jeffrey E. Smith of JES Holdings will be in the office this week and I look forward to the challenge of bringing out my blazers. I have four of them and would like to see what new (yet professional) outfits I can pull-off over the week.

4. Launch the big landscaping project. Yikes. Here we go. The first project from the "High Difficulty" column of my project chart. After discussing the project with green-thumbed Nana, I decided to hold off on most of the actual planting. She has offered to split some of her plants, which has to be done in the spring...or the fall, apparently. Anyway, this weekend will be about the edging and the "foundation" of the landscaping. I've sketched up an idea of what I'm going for...


5. Spend an afternoon out of the office. Our monthly social event is to Les Bourgeois. We did this last year as well and it was just splendid. I am looking forward to taking Friday afternoon off to overlook the Missouri River while I sip on some Riverboat Red.


*   *   *

1. Make dinner for ME. The pasta was delicious! I enjoyed it right after I made it and then I enjoyed it again when I took it to lunch every day after that. I highly recommend this recipe. It only cost $3.72 to make and I had five meals worth of food. Incredible.


2. Organize my craftroom. Once everything was in it's place, I printed and laminated my labels. I know myself well enough to know that I'll probably get an itch to move things around someday and I want labels that are as easily changeable as my mind.


3. Bring out the blazers. I actually had a lot of fun planning my blazer outfits for the week. I decided to do two dress outfits and one more casual...this is what I would wear if we had casual Fridays...but our "casual" days means khakis (blurg), so I don't get to wear cute things like this.


4. Launch the big landscaping project. That was a fail. I did nothing of the sort. Sorry people...maybe later.

5. Spend an afternoon out of the office. Well, it was a lovely afternoon to not be indoors, but it might have been a little too fun. Either way, I had fun while I was there and the drinks and snacks were just a delight. Can't wait for next month's social event!


No comments:

Post a Comment