Sunday, June 23, 2013

Date ♥ Jar

I am on a crafty blog-post roll.

Let's talk a little about Aaron. He's a really sweet guy. Sweet in a sarcastic, private kind of way. He likes his privacy and I would even go as far as to call him a homebody going on hermit. This being the case, he's pretty content to do what we usually do: make dinner, watch our TV shows, get ice cream and shnuggle. I, on the other hand, need new activities and as long as I make the plan, Aaron's usually pretty good to participate (e.g., garage saling, frolfing, float trips, tennis, Rag Tag). But since I'm the plan maker, sometimes I need a little inspiration. So, when I came across this little pin, I knew I had my next craft on my hands.


As you can see, this was crafted from an old pickle jar, thoroughly cleaned, painted with acrylic paint and coated with a high gloss spray. Then, I painted the popsicle sticks according to their category and labeled each stick with the activity and the estimated cost. Speaking of sweet, Aaron bought me my label-maker...kid knows me well.


DAYTIME ACTIVITIES:
Golden Yellow = things that can be done at night
Light Yellow = things that you need daylight for
Some of these may be Columbia specific...
  • Ride (the Motorcycle)
  • Putt Putt 
  • Scary Movie
  • Go Bowling
  • Dinner & a Movie
  • Fishing
  • Ride Bikes
  • Paintball
  • Drive-in Movie
  • Winery
  • Volunteer
  • Frisbee
  • Try a New Restaurant
  • Documentary
  • Backwards Date (ice cream first, then a movie, followed by a late dinner)
  • Walk-About Farm
  • Antiquing
  • Chopped Challenge (buy a selection of groceries and then each are required to make a dinner, the best meal wins)
  • Movie & Shnuggles
  • Early Breakfast
  • New Boardgame with Friends
  • Picnic at Stephen's Park
  • Laser Tag Party
  • Make Fondue
  • Walk the MKT
  • Dinner & a Movie with Friends
  • Ride to the Big Tree
  • Tennis with Another Couple
  • Start a TV Show
  • Make Sushi
  • Make Pizza
  • Rag Tag & a New Beer (or Cider)
  • Barnes & Noble & Starbucks
  • Cards Tournament
  • Farmer's Market
  • Ice Cream
  • Find Columbia's Best Tree
  • Pretzels at the Mall
  • Swimming & Snow Cones
 

WEEKEND ACTIVITIES:
Turquoise = expensive activities
Light Blue = Reasonable activities
  • Bed & Breakfast
  • Go to Ford Leonard Wood
  • Go to Bolivar
  • Hiking & Camping
  • Herman Winery
  • Fair or Festival
  • Go to a Sporting Event (we don't much like watching sports)
  • Silver Dollar City
  • Trip with Friends
  • Throw a Party
  • Find a Concert
  • Take the Train
  • Lake of the Ozarks
  • Skip Friday & Road Trip
  • City Museum
We'll see if we actually end up using the jar. Honestly, I just loved crafting it so much, that I don't mind. P.S. Thanks to mom for the hand-me-down fancy-pants camera that took these lovely shots! I feel even more grown-up now.


1 comment: