Friday, June 13, 2014

An Apology Post

Hi.

I'm a little nervous composing this post today, because I've been away awhile and honestly, I'm quite rusty. I owe you a lot, my readers: a review of Las Vegas, an update on homeownership, about 40 things to try on the weekends and an apology. As my co-worker has reminded me (about twice a week), I am well on my way to getting kicked off the bookmark list...shameful. But alas, I'm here now and here it all is:


A Review of Las Vegas

Crazy, people.


With crazy people. Honestly, that was the best part. It was so great to be with the old college crew.


We gambled, we ate overpriced meals, we took plenty of pictures, we waited in hour-long lines for clubs, we paid $20 for drinks, we accidently stayed out till 5:30 a.m., we napped, we rode the roller coaster, we saw the Bellagio fountains, we wandered through Caesar's Palace, we sunbathed...oh, and we SKYDIVED.





How fun are those pictures? It was just as fun as it looks.


An Update on Homeownership

Well, I have officially lived in my house for three weeks. Phew, it hasn't felt like that long. I took a lot of before photos of the empty house, but I am determined to take the decorating/beautifying a little bit at a time. When I moved into the Katy Place apartment, I went a little crazy attempting to prepare the place perfectly within the first month. But I've learned now, I want to collect nice things and build a lovely home...slowly. For starters, I bought this beautiful dresser and mirror set today. It was quite an adventure and a big thanks to Taylor, Allie and Aaron for helping me find and secure and move that precious dresser. Check it out:


In other house news, I've been brainstorming pretty thoroughly on projects around the house and it is actually very overwhelming. There is just so much that I want to do that I don't know where to start...a problem I rarely encounter. But I made up a list of projects, which I then categorized by difficulty/time commitment and then ranked by importance. So now, I'm going through my calendar and scheduling the projects. Medium- and high-difficulty projects for the weekends (when I'm not out of town) and one low-difficulty project during the week. I even dug out the old uncalendar for the occasion!


About 40 Things to Try on the Weekends

Summers are pretty crazy, so I would like to take a break from trying 5 things every weekend and instead try 5 things every week. Maybe you want to plan things to do over your week as well? Brainstorm:

1. Make homemade salsa (and margaritas).
2. Treat yourself to Starbuck's Frappy Hour!
3. Yum...summer pasta salad.
4. Attempt a treat on your Pinterest food board.
5. Make yourself some high-waisted, cut-off shorts.
6. Rock that crop top.
7. Try a T-shirt transformation.
8. Plan a road trip and start saving!
9. Summer cross-stitch project...could be cool.
10. Try the high pony.
11. Find a stunning summer hat.
12. Make a summery smoothie.
13. Do a mook (movie-book) combo.
14. Maxi. So much maxi.
15. Bloody mary over brunch, with the girls.
16. Matching patterned shorts and top outfit. (Oh, yes I will.)
17. Whip up some spiked summer lemonade.
18. Treat yourself to a summer nail polish color.
19. Plant an herb garden.
20. Discover a new blog to love.
21. New sunglasses for you.
22. Spray paint your cheap patio furniture.
23. Make your entryway magnificent!
24. Enjoy the evening on the porch/patio/deck with book.
25. Take on a project you are terrified to try.
26. Find a festival and go!
27. Plant some perennials: peonies, daylilies or chinese astilbe.
28. Create a summery centerpiece.
29. Spend the weekend by the water.
30. Show your patriotism with an American-themed wreath.
31. Go antiquing!
32. Take advantage of a local attraction.
33. Plan a road trip to visit a friend.
34. Go boho.
35. Prepare your beach/pool bag essentials.
36. Red, white and blue jello shots? Yes.
37. Get rid of three items in your closet.
38. Vanity makeover.
39. Bonfire with friends.
40. Please see some live music...

Didn't think I could do it, did ya? I also dug up this old Pinterest board from two summers ago. Good times. Now, you will probably see some of these pop up again over the summer. So don't get your panties in a wad over repeats!

Hopefully this post will get me back into blogging business. Thanks for staying with me through the silence! See ya next week for the first Five Things to Try This WEEK post!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. Thanks for the casual mention as well. Your bookmark space remains (for now). :)

    ReplyDelete