Friday, May 9, 2014

5 Things to Try This Weekend: May 9 - 11

Sorry I missed ya last weekend! I was just caught up in life and stuff and couldn't get the post up...or manage to do 5 semi-interesting things. This weekend, though, I'm headed home for all kinds of fun!


1. Try a Budget Byte. As required by my mom, I occasionally listen to the NPR: Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast. At the end of each podcast, the host and guests share what's making them happy each week . One week, Linda (the wonderful host) shared about a blog called Budget Bytes. These kinds of recipes are right up my alley...cheap, easy and tasty. I just went on a printing-spree and have a bunch of new recipes that I'm sure the family would love to help me sample!

2. Give Mom a DIY gift! I have a lovely little gift I whipped up and am waiting to give mom. Another piece for her craft room that I hope she likes as equally as I liked making it!

3. Mother-Daughter mock outfit. You heard me. Mom, Becca and I have been browsing out excellent files of old photos to find the perfect photo to recreate. Here are some ideas we've considered...

Hahaha, so pretty cute faces for us to try and mimic.

4. Start a new show with mom. Mom always knows the best new shows or movies to watch when I'm home. No matter what plans I put in the Weekend Home Itinerary, we always end up on some kind of show-watching benge.

5. Springfield garage saling. The weather is getting nice and I've been itching to shop through other peoples' trash to find treasures! Mom has a good eye for treasures, so I like to utilize her good taste (and SUV) when I'm home. Hopefully the weather permits!

No comments:

Post a Comment