Friday, April 11, 2014

5 Things to Try This Weekend: April 11 - 13



1. A bonfire with s'mores. On Saturday, Aaron and I are going down to the lake to stay the night with Zak and Jordan. Apparently, they have come by some extra wood and are having a little warm-weather bonfire. Of course, a bonfire isn't complete with s'mores! In celebration of our s'mores, check out this list of incredible recipes to make in honor of the best bonfire treat.

2. Try out some spring-inspired outfits. Yesterday I did a post of my what inspiring my style this spring: floral dresses, white jeans, nude heals, pastel purses, etc. This weekend, I'm planning to put together some go-to outfits for the season.

3. Make some practical inspiration boards. As I start daydreaming about my home-to-be, I keep getting great ideas that I need to keep track of. I'm not sure exactly how I want to make my inspiration boards, but I want to have one for each room of my house...and I'd like them to be versatile, in the sense that I can 1) move them around and 2) change the theme of the board. Here are some ideas I like!

Maratha Stewart  //  Bad Link  //  Bad Link 

4. The FINAL spring cleaning challenge: the living room. There is literally the word "DUST" written in the dust on our TV stand. I've been putting off another cleaning challenge, but I just can't do it any longer. I'll just need to wipe down all the dusty surfaces, clean the windows and vacuum. I'll probably give the couch a good wipe down as well.

5. Use my new car stereo! Happy late birthday to me! After a few considerations for birthday gifts (and a couple of months), my mom struck gold with the idea for a car stereo. I recently updated the music on my phone and need a way to play it in my 2001 Corolla. Mom got me this lovely stereo with an auxiliary AND a USB port! I'm so excited to give it a go during our drive to the lake this weekend.


*     *    *


1. A bonfire with s'mores. Our day at the lake was so much fun! We drove down and arrived around 1:00 p.m. and the fun began. We played some brisbee, took a ride on the golf cart and bonfire'd. The night wasn't over till we watched a little Jumanji...which we had to finish the next morning.

2. Try out some spring-inspired outfits. I've got all kinds of plans for spring outfits to wear to work that transform into after-work outfits. I'm hoping to try one out today...so I'll try to post some pictures.

3. Make some practical inspiration boards. So, I decided to take clipboards and cover them with corkboard. It turned out really well and the edges look surprisingly good with a little sanding down. The only issue I've encountered is that the cork is too thin for regular tacks. I'm currently on the hunt for a shorter tack...if anyone knows of them?

4. The FINAL spring cleaning challenge: the living room. Ok...this is a lie. I haven't done it yet. BUT I WILL THIS WEEK, I promise.

5. Use my new car stereo! Isn't it beautiful! We were having some issues with the songs scanning randomly between songs, which was annoying to say the least. But my handy boyfriend solved that issue and we jammed all the way to the lake. Disclosure: Just because you fix my stereo problems, doesn't earn you the right to play your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment