Friday, November 8, 2013

5 Things To Try This Weekend: November 8 - 11





1. Rock the rocker chic look. Also known as, edgy, think: leather pants, dark plaid, flannel, booties, bold bracelets, black & white, urban. See photos below for inspiration. I'm going to the Columbia Patchwork Project show on Friday night and I think I better dress to look the part. Honestly, I'd just like to dress-up for fun, but this is as good an excuse as any!


These are a little mellow as far as edgy goes, but this is where I'm headed...

2. Take a bike ride. It's supposed to be in the 60s this weekend, which will be a nice change from the rainy, bitter weather we've had all week. I don't imagine we'll get many more days we actually want to be outside. Taking the MKT (right out my back door) to the Katy Trail and then on the Les Bourgeois Winery in Rocheport, would be a great way to spend the day!

3. Take some ME time. I spend a lot of time with Aaron, which I love to do, but I think I need to value some me time. I'd like to define "me time" as time spend alone, doing something that isn't productive...because most of my time alone is spend cleaning or crafting or running errands or working out.

4. Clean out my closet. It's that time of year, when you bring out new clothes for the season and you have to purge to make room!

5. Craft a jar. I literally have a million jars--because I LOVE jars--and I need to craft 'em. There are about a million jar DIYs on the internet, but I'm not that interested in a lot of them. However, here are some I AM interested in:


Memory-in-a-Jar  //  Spice Spout Jar  //  Aquarium Jar  //  Bailey's Jar  //  Manicure-in-a-Jar  //  Tumbler Jar  //  Cake-in-a-Jar  //  Winter Wonderland Jars

If you try any of my 5 Things, I'd love to hear about it! Especially if you're planning a bike ride on the MKT on Sunday...we should hang out.


*    *    *

Well, I think I did pretty well!



1. Rock the rocker chic look. It wasn't quite as edgy as I would've liked, but I think it's about as edgy as I can manage. I did have some pretty sweet leather pants that I only use for costumes, but I couldn't bring myself to wear them...I'm pleased overall though! The show was great! It was fun to watch Josh play and they placed 2nd in the Patchwork Project, so congrats!

2. Take a bike ride. Our initial goal of biking to the winery was a little ambitious...but, we made it 12 miles out before we turned around. So, a 24 mile bike ride is still pretty impressive!

3. Take some ME time. Post bike-ride, I took a nice, long bath to let my muscles soak. With a little Orange is the New Black and a candle...if that's not ME time, I don't know what is?

4. Clean out my closet. This was kind of a pain, but I did it. Then I took my laundry basket of clothes to Plato's Closet to try and get a little money for them. I came out with $60, of which I'm pretty happy about! The rest I'm taking home to mom for this garage sale she keeps suggesting.

5. Craft a jar. Squeezed between the closet cleaning on Saturday and the bike ride on Sunday, I managed to finished my Mani-in-a-Jar! I think it would make for a great Christmas gift with a little tag that says, "For your mistleTOES!" (Thanks for the idea Merri Cross...) I'll post a DIY tutorial for the jar later this week.

Also, bonus points for repeating one of last weekends things! I tried another new recipe and made some chili before we left on our bike ride. It was the PERFECT treat when we finally made it home.

Aaron likes to add his own special blend of spices.
Then complete the meal with something fancy...like Doritos.


Sometimes the weekends you stay home are the busiest and this one sure was. But the bike ride was a blast and I can't wait for spring so we can start preparing better and actually make it all the way to Les Bourgeois!

No comments:

Post a Comment